Skint's Village

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Skint's Village

The forum for Skint's Village on Minecraft

4 posters

What to do about griefers.

Pedestal Guy

What to do about griefers. Empty What to do about griefers.

Post  Pedestal Guy Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:06 am

I recently saw a player called pinworm griefing and recieved obscenities after asking them to stop. They then proceded to vandalize more property. Most of the targets of the attacks were houses which I am unsure of how to fix correctly and when myown was hit I fear fixing it while the griefer is still active will only draw his attention to it.

I feal like listing player names here makes me a tattle tale but there is nothing else I can do beyond cleaning up after they grow tired and leave. I'm new so most resets will delete what I create anyway so I feel I have no protection from them other than to hide my work. Is there anything individual players can actually do when they see griefing happening?
    Skintkingle
    Skintkingle
    Admin

What to do about griefers. Empty Re: What to do about griefers.

Post  Skintkingle Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:13 am

the second you see someone griefing, if there is an OP on, tell him, otherwise jump straight on here and post their name.
    i saw pinworm on 5 seconds ago, fuck damn i wish i got his ip, i've reset the server already Sad
    You're right, your house probably has gone. when i see you online, i will stick around until you have done, and then take a manual backup!
    here is a good idea.

When you are on, if the village is 100% intact, find out what the time is GMT, and post here, that way i know all backups made up to this time are safe!
    lailai

Post  lailai Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:27 am

30 July 12:27:15 PM
    asiekierka

Post  asiekierka Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:32 am

Please react as someone (i don't know who) has done SEVERE harms to the board!
    I hope Skint backuped my village, but even if not, REACT!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:20 am