Skint's Village

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Skint's Village

The forum for Skint's Village on Minecraft

5 posters

The server is down - WHY Thank you Captain Obvious!

Clairic
    Clairic

The server is down - WHY Thank you Captain Obvious! Empty The server is down - WHY Thank you Captain Obvious!

Post  Clairic Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:03 am

Someone host it - quickly!
    Any volunteers?
    Tenskulls
    Admin

The server is down - WHY Thank you Captain Obvious! Empty Re: The server is down - WHY Thank you Captain Obvious!

Post  Tenskulls Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:00 am

Hasn't it been down for ages and ages?
    Clairic
    Clairic

The server is down - WHY Thank you Captain Obvious! Empty Re: The server is down - WHY Thank you Captain Obvious!

Post  Clairic Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:29 am

Yea, but Skint just told me that he didn't host it anymore because it messed with his computer. So someone else could actually do it. Someone who uses windows.
    Skintkingle
    Skintkingle
    Admin

Post  Skintkingle Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:39 am

She speaks truth, i will give the map and admin list files to someone.
    Tenskulls
    Admin

Post  Tenskulls Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:51 am

I no have windows.

So was that all? Is that, that.

Is this the end?

Ah well if it is.

and if not? Ah well, guess I will keep playing.

None else is likely to want to host it probably.
    Skintkingle
    Skintkingle
    Admin

Post  Skintkingle Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:49 pm

Well if no-one else wants to host it, when i go back to my old ISP, in july next year, i will start hosting it again.
    Razz
    I will try and host it again, i miss the village.
    Tenskulls
    Admin

Post  Tenskulls Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:49 am

It was quite fun, most definitely it was.

And Clairic, you and I seem to be the only ones posting....
    Skintkingle
    Skintkingle
    Admin

Post  Skintkingle Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:46 pm

Hmmm how about us 3 start up a completely new server?
    Tenskulls
    Admin

Post  Tenskulls Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:00 am

Why not? I would be all for that.

Only problem is, is if the server stuffs up your computer, and clairic and I are macs...

Also we could make a theme. Still it would be cool.

But it shouldn't be like most of the servers out there with stupid pixel art everywhere. I mean the odd pixel art is awesome, but why does every server have to have mega man and mario on it?

I like what skint's village was, but it had a few problems.

maybe we ought to see if some of the map editing things can't be used.

Also wouldn't it be great if the WoM custom server could be downloaded? With all of the awesome features, like muting people and how you need to grant permission to build?

Just throwing around a few ideas.
    Clairic
    Clairic

Post  Clairic Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:26 am

That would be awesome, but yea, we kinda need to find out how to host - I mean, if you can't, Skint. Or can you? >.>

A theme? Yes, but what theme would be the question. As in, not a new theme every week because such servers exist and kinda suck.

No pixel art...No. I don't like the all flat servers with Mario and Digimons. And other stuff.

What kind of problems do you mean, Tens? Like, beside being crowded and full of stuff nobody cared about because they didn't play anymore >.>?

Haha, you'd love to mute people, wouldn't you, Tens XD? But those people would just start griefing, I bet. So yea. I dunno about that.
    Tenskulls
    Admin

Post  Tenskulls Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:16 am

Yeah, those kind of problems. Also a lack of organization.

Maybe we should do the same kind of thing as skint's village, only we make it a city. Make building frames and people can make apartments and stuff. And we could do our best to put many musical references in the city. For no reason.

I would love to mute people. But if we could make it so that people could/ couldn't build.... That is probably all a flight of fancy though.

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyxftLC7gew&feature=related

I swear it isn't a rickroll.
    Clairic
    Clairic

Post  Clairic Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:50 am

How do you want to put musical references into a city >.>?
    And it isn't rickroll. It isn't.
    daemonnoire
    daemonnoire

Post  daemonnoire Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:04 am

I'm here, I swear. And I seriously miss you guys!
    Clairic
    Clairic

Post  Clairic Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:19 am

Lies, you're just an illusion! I miss you guys too Sad
    We need a server! And if we can't have one, we'll take one over! Or something! Very Happy
    Skintkingle
    Skintkingle
    Admin

Post  Skintkingle Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:49 am

I CAN host, but with my current ISP, that's all i could do that includes the internet.
    I've been trying to avoid custom servers until Notch finishes, then make my own, Very Happy. But if it's vital we could go for it i guess.

I like Tens idea, of a city and stuff.
    Can Macs even Host?
    If so could i suggest that you 2 share the load.
    The map editor is a Java applet, i believe Macs can run them Razz
    If you would like i can send you the village, but only once we have a server to put it on, or are we scrapping it and getting a city up? Very Happy
    Clairic
    Clairic

Post  Clairic Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:18 pm

Macs can't host (yet).
    I'm for a city >.>
    Tenskulls
    Admin

Post  Tenskulls Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:08 am

I am fairly sure Macs can actually host, but it requires quite a bit of know-how with the command console. ( @ clairic We could always ask fang for some help maybe...)

Send me the village at any rate.

Okay, so the music references thing was a weird idea.

I figure creating huge apartment block frames that people can fill up is a different idea to most others around minecraft. In addition we should think a little bit about what kind of things we want in the city, rather than making it too haphazard.

Also it would be really cool if we could make a sewer system, an underground railway and stuff like that. Make a hightown and a slums area.

Long live....

Anyone think of a name for this city?
    Clairic
    Clairic

Post  Clairic Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:00 am

I did ask Fang and we tried it together and he tried to guide me through the whole hosting stuff but it was no good, even with terminal, there's some missing thing that macs don't have that are essential for the hosting, I think.

Well, huge appartment blocks would be a nice idea if we could actually fill those blocks with anything else but bookshelves...

We need a ship.

(omg we could make a city with ASOIAF theme....what >.>?)

Yeah, slums and hightown areas.
    Tenskulls
    Admin

Post  Tenskulls Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:19 am

By apartment blocks I mean everyone could have a floor, which would be a certain amount of space to do whatever they please with.

that is a shame about the hosting.

How did I know you were going to drag ASOIAF into this?

Yeah, so slums that only have dirt roads and such and the hightown with paved streets...
    daemonnoire
    daemonnoire

Post  daemonnoire Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:29 am

Personally, I want an area with cobblestone streets, but I'm just in that mode these days.
    Clairic
    Clairic

Post  Clairic Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:30 pm

(Hey, Notch started it with ASOIAF. Did you know Notch is one of Martin's characters? Very Happy)

I second that, Dae!
    Skintkingle
    Skintkingle
    Admin

Post  Skintkingle Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:10 pm

Tens, do you have msn? or use any MSN interfacing programs on mac?

PM me your addy Smile

And i know Macs CAN host servers.
    The Java Platform runs across all 3 major OS's. the only thing on a PC that a Mac cant run is the Batch file that holds all the console information for Windows, Which a Mac user would have to manually do, (and probably different commands too, i dont have a mac so i'm no use Smile)

I think Tens if you can host ASAP, leave it a randomly generated map, the map maker makes too generic ones "Flat, or huge mountains"
    I like the kinda terrains that are created by Notchs algorythmn.

Then make it private, and with the map that's generated us 3 (and dae if she would like to join in too) should organize a time and a date of which all 4 of us will meet on the server while it's private. to walk around, plan things, etc.
    it's kinda hard to say we want this and that when we dont know what kinda terrain we have to work with.

Yes/No?
    Tenskulls
    Admin

Post  Tenskulls Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:55 am

Okay if Macs can host servers I don't know how to do it, however I will look it up.

I mainly use AIM (tenskuls) but I also have a hotmail account: tenskulls@hotmail.com

I don't think I can host ASAP. But we can always discuss that.

Still if I an host I would be happy to.
    Tenskulls
    Admin

Post  Tenskulls Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:09 am

We should make a pirate themed server! With an old port city!
    Clairic
    Clairic

Post  Clairic Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:28 pm

Aye, we should, mate. Arrrrrrrrr!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:35 am